Monday, November 18, 2013

Where's Shawn?

Mom's 85th Birthday was this September. We decided to not throw a huge party, but instead make it a more intimate celebration with Shawn (my husband), my kids and my brother and his wife. We took her to a fun place to eat and sing happy to birthday to her.

She was loving every second of it. Every course she thought tasted better and better. At one point she had total clarity. She went around the table, starting with Shawn and pointed at each of us as she said "I love you and you, and you, and you and you and you and you!". It brought tears to my eyes. She said "How could I be so lucky?". Then I lost it, I almost had to excuse myself from the table. She on the other hand was as happy as happy can be. That was until she immediately turned to me and said "How is Shawn? Is he traveling?". As I looked down at Shawn on the other side of the table the reality collided with the laughter. I reminded myself to just live in the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment